1. Connect the buildings energy meters and BAS data to a trending & archiving platform. This may involve data integration for legacy or proprietary BAS systems
2. Deploy the analytics software (we use several and choose the best product for your building). This includes the development of summary dashboards, reports, and KPI’s (key performance indicators) and automated fault detection and diagnostics / analytics - accessible from any connected device - PC, tablet, or smartphone.
3. Our team of energy, BAS, & HVAC systems analysts, reviews BAS & mechanical drawings, and the output of the analytics software, in order to understand the building - how it was intended to operate, how it is operating, and how it should or could be operating. Often this step includes one or more site visits to get eye-on the mechanical systems to substantiate what the data is indicating.
4. Compile a list of problems or faults, and opportunities for optimization (advanced controls strategies), and present this to the building owner/operators.
5. Help correct the problems/faults and implement approved optimizations. Optimizations include programming/reprogramming and commissioning new control strategies like Optimum Start, AHU/RTU supply temperature and pressure reset, improved economizer, chilled water temperature and pressure reset, etc. Many of these sequences are derived from ASHRAE 36 Advanced Sequences of Operations.
6. Measure and verify the results.
7. The analytics tool continually monitors the system and alerts on any degradation in performance. We provide ongoing support / coaching for building operators.